Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What I Think About When I Think About ACT III

What I Think About When I Think About ACT III

Plays, "To Be or Not To Be", Hamlet acting out Texas Chainsaw massacre, and a whole lot of guilt.  Really, I do think about that stuff when I think about ACT III of Hamlet. At the end of ACT II we see Hamlet finally deciding on a course of action on proving King Claudius' guilt about the murder of King Hamlet Sr. and now in ACT III we actually get to see the play, and learn that King Claudius is horrible at hiding guilt (basically you want to play poker with him).

Besides the basics of the play within the play, we also see Hamlet murdering Polonius in a gruesome way and yet being comfortable with it.

Overall ACT III is an interesting insight into Hamlet's emotional state. He starts out in full emotional display as he considers suicide and death, yet remains calm and cool even after killing Polonius.

No comments:

Post a Comment