Tuesday, October 29, 2013

THOUGHTS ON HAMLET (IN PROGRESS)

THOUGHTS ON HAMLET (IN PROGRESS)
Supplementary Material (aka what I've done so far):
What I know about Hamlet & Shakespeare
Love and Ophelia
To Be or Not to Be (Other Variations)
ACT II Recap
To Be or Not to Be (Our Group)
ACT III

I have mixed feeling on Hamlet. On one hand, it is the classic Shakespeare Tragedy (and we all know what that means) and is slightly predictable. But on the other hand, Hamlet is incredibly relatable. I mean, I'm not in the same emotional turmoil as Hamlet is in any sense but it is still incredibly relatable. Where Hamlet has to deal with the death of his beloved father, the faithlessness of his "harlot" mother, the plotting and schemes of King Claudius, and the advances of Ophelia; I simply deal with balancing college applications, scholarships, family responsibility, and then work. But Hamlet's indecisiveness and personal turmoil is something that almost ambitious teen faces. And seeing Hamlet's cool and balanced responses to his situation is inspiring.

1 comment: