Wednesday, August 21, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?
     -Luckily I have access to multiple computers and have a smart phone so accessing technology shouldn't present a problem, and thankfully I don't believe transportation will hinder my participation in this class either. Although when it comes to friends/family and schedule I may run into some difficulties. Senior year is a big year for everyone, and with added responsibilities it can present a challenge. I am taking three other AP/Honors level classes that do require a significant amount of my time and dedication, but I have taken full course loads the other three years of high school with greater responsibilities. And I believe that if I can stick it out and just keep working I can pull through this year.

2. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening?
     -My greatest learning experience was a summer program that dealt with speech pathology and a few small experiences into ASL. I went into the program with little understanding of what speech therapists do and how important good speech really is, but then after spending five weeks of my summer and hands on work with 27 other teenagers (28 campers, and a few speech therapists), I realized that I had just naturally picked up several tips and lessons about speech pathology that have really gotten me interested in a possible career in audiology or speech pathology. Ironically I didn't even know how much I had learned until one of the last days when I found my self in a funny situation and had to use the little ASL I had picked up to work with some deaf campers. And for me, learning experiences that I don't realize are happening are the best possible ones.

3. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
     -To tell you the truth I am simply looking forward to reading. These last few school years I have been too busy to even pick up a book for a few minutes and just start reading so my biggest goal for this class (besides pass the AP exam) is to just read! On a more practical level I hope this class can help me prepare for taking college level courses starting next year and learn more about internet literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment