Saturday, August 17, 2013

1987 AP Lit Exam

Some tips for taking this exam:
-We are in the privacy of our own homes, listen to some serious pump up music! You will need it to keep from slapping a baby kitten in your unfeigned anger.
-Have a big thing of water nearby. It keeps you awake.
-Time yourself so it doesn't take you six hours in front of the TV, and if you are with friends make it a race. (It only took me 30 mins. I want a challenge)

Now for my answers...
Just kidding, blogspot is being stupid and will not let me post  pictures, and since I am too stubborn to simply give up and manually type in my answers  I will be turning in my hard copy. But to actually supplement and prove that I did this assignment I will be posting my results and whatnot.

Overall I would have epically failed this AP exam, but for how fast I finished the exam my results aren't actually that bad. Seeing as questions 33-46 were missing from the packet there were only 47 total questions that we could have answered. Overall my score was a 23/47 which is about a 50%, and my overall time was 30 mins.

I didn't find any questions remarkably easy, in fact I felt that a majority of the questions were difficult but yet not impossible if you had enough time to think and reflect on them. But yet that's the problem, time. The AP Exam Board expects for us to read new material and answer the questions that they deem relevant to the text in a set amount of time. But I personally feel that we would be better off showing our understanding of literature with a spoken exam.  For example they could ask us questions or prompts about current events or ideas and we could respond using relevant text and life experiences to prove our point. Sadly this is a pipe dream but I think it would be a good experience to at least attempt.

But back to the exam. I am not a big fan of AP Exams. And now that many colleges no longer accept AP Scores I don't that AP Exams are even relevant. Please don't misunderstand me, I think AP Classes are incredibly beneficial, and in fact are a great place to start studying what you want  and what you are interested in high school. But for AP Exams, I'm just not a big fan. But seeing as you did as what will specifically haunt our dreams until we take the exam ourselves, for me the entire exam will haunt me!

No comments:

Post a Comment