Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Launch

Launch
What am I passionate about?  What do I want to do?
-I am very passionate about reading (well in fact, I just love literature in general). So my plan is to incorporate my love of reading into something a bit more exciting and pertinent to my life and what I want to study in college. Which, as of right now, incorporates me building a blog to keep myself accountable for my reading.
How can I use the tools from last semester (and the Internet in general)?
-Last semester was getting our feet wet simply building blogs, connections, and skill sets. This semester I want to polish things up a little bit. And thankfully I have already found one credible resource and I'm starting my project there and I want to see where things go. Hopefully I can build some connections and find even more resources.
Main Plan and why:
When I was looking for help on "The Sound and the Fury" by Faulkner, I found an open online Yale course about Hemmingway, Francis Scott Fitzgerald, and Faulkner by Professor Wai Chee Dimock. And one of the covered texts was "The Sound and the Fury" by Faulkner. So when I finish the book I plan on going through the lectures. And I think it would be cool to find other courses like this (hopefully after I complete this one) and go through them and blog about my experience. While at the same time keeping the blog from the overall blandness of Scholastic Literature.
What will I need to do in order to "feel the awesomeness with no regrets" by June?
-To really "feel the awesomeness with no regrets" I simply want to get things done this semester and stave off senioritis.
What will impress/convince others (both in my life and in my field)?
-I'm not actually trying to go out and convince and or impress others for this project. I'm simply reading, if someone tries reading over my shoulder things are going to get awkward. Rather, if I feel good about my work and my effort by the time I grace the stage on June 6th then I'll have succeeded.
How will I move beyond 'What If' and take this from idea --> reality?
-Right now I'm taking my idea of being a serial reader and college course free rider and turning it into a blog and internet experience.
Who will be the peers, public, and experts in my personal learning network?
-Anyone who stumbles across will be rounded up and brought into the group, hopefully in reality it will sound less creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment