Thursday, February 20, 2014

Brave New Essay Topic

I found one! The 2005 AP English Literature and Composition Exam asked for an essay that "Brave New World" (Huxley) easily answers. But sadly the College Board won't let me replicate the question on here, and so I don't get sued I'm going to simply reword and remold the question as to gear it more for "Brave New World" (Huxley).


Many times in societies there are individuals who don't quite fit the norm. They go against social norms and cues, both inwardly and outwardly, and whether these "outcasts" mean to or not they create a unique foil in which to view the world around them. Write an essay which describes a character that fits these parameters. What makes them outcasts or different in their own society. How does this conflict add to the overarching theme and design behind the book.





1 comment:

  1. Hey, Amara, I really like how you reworded the essay prompt! This is the same one that I chose, but your words made me look at it in a different way!

    ReplyDelete