Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HAFTA/WANNA

Hopefully I don't change in too many aspects after high school. In fact I don't know if I can. When we leave Righetti for the last time on June 6, 2014 we may no longer be high school students, but we are still the same people that started out the morning. And next year we are just changing our venue. Our character, or who we truly are as people will stick with us and slowly evolve as we grow as it has been doing since birth. So no, people, nor I will magically change as we grab our diplomas.


But maybe our outlook will change. I do know that for me, my outlook will change significantly. No longer am I required to trudge through required classes and subjects that I may or may not have significant interest in. Instead I have my own choice of whether or not to actually be in school since no one is requiring it of me. I'll go to school because I want to and for the first time in my life not because I have to. And finally my interests will come first. Between majors and elective classes (mixed in with the dreaded general education classes) I can find my passion and join a group of intellectual peers.


Balancing activities is something I started learning my freshman year, and I'm still honing my skills in it. Next year I want to explore, dream, discover, (thank you Mark Twain) and learn. I don't know how I'll manage it quite yet, but it's a work in progress.


And right now its ok to make a few small mistakes, because that is the only way to learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment