Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hacking my Education

Hacking my Education
1. What do you want to know by the end of this course that you don't know now?
-I want a roadmap, or at least the skills to build one. What I mean by roadmap, is a plan. A good plan always takes in the probabilities and still finds  a way to reach the end goal, or at least backups if plan A doesn't always work out. My (current) ultimate goal is to graduate from college and become an Audiologist. Which requires a Doctorate Degree. I already have done research about what I need to do, (Undergrad, Grad School, Doctorate) but I want more. I want a road map that leads to internships, residencies, volunteer opportunities, mentoring, and good food. And that's what I need to learn how to do. Network my skills and use the tools that I already have to find new and exciting opportunities. And I hope that this class can teach me that during this last semester of required public education.


2.What skills do you want to demonstrate on your blog?
-Sincerity and scholarship. I think that those two things are key in any successful endeavor. The best way to become involved in something is to show how much you care about that thing. And scholarship functions in a similar fashion. I believe that scholarship isn't just an academic term, it also implies to me (at least) networking to help others and myself grow in whatever fields we desire.


3. What experiences do you want under your belt before you graduate?
-Please see question 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment