Thursday, November 21, 2013

ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE SONNET

A Quick Word About Sonnets:
To be quite Honest
I do not like Sonnets
O' look a Haiku!
 
ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE SONNET (English Styled Sonnet):
 
We reside within the caves of our demise
Ever dark, and forever lost
Our insular prison just a disguise
For the truth that we have lost

The world we know is not the truth
It is hidden beyond our eyes
yet while we search for the truth
It will replace the lies

There is hope beyond this dark cave
Hope for truth and life
But if we are ever to move beyond these graves
We must first end our strife

Learning is our only hope
But first we must we willing
Knowledge is how we cope
because the truth is fulfilling

Now we can leave the dark caves inside,
and step  into the light outside

-Yeah, this was bad and my rhyming schemes are desperate at best; but at least my Haiku is enjoyable! 


13 comments:

  1. I really like your sonnet. Also, I like the transparency thing, how do you do that? http://druckersrhsenglitcomp13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sonnet is interesting and different than most, in a good way! I understand your hatred for writing poetry. And I like that you have a Tumblr too :)
    brennamcnamara.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonus points for the haiku! (: But your sonnet was great, I think your captured the theme and purpose of the allegory in an articulate way.
    I just noticed you have a Tumblr as well and that is amazing! Go Tumblr! Your blog is so happy as well!
    http://lwongrhsenglitcomp.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your sonnet, but it seems to have more than 14 lines? Other than that, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ha ha, I just noticed that. One quartet too many!

      Delete
  5. Amara, Your sonnet was really well written and so was your little Haiku! You really used a lot of imagery which is very compelling!

    I also really like your blog! Its very inviting and cute! I was wondering what your plan was for studying vocab for the final?
    http://kcrockettrhsenglit.blogspot.com/
    PLEASE COMMENT TO MY SONNET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to disagree; I think your rhyming is very good. Not many people would consider rhyming demise with disguise so great vocabulary by the way to illustrate those concepts.
    In addition, I love the look of your blog. A canoe strapped to a van has a certain flair or character to it. Why do you suppose Plato chose a cave as a component of the allegory as opposed to someplace else? Oh, and please check out my sonnet/blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sonnet is actually my favorite so far. I loved your first two lines! Although I think that there are only supposed be three quatrains and a couplet you overachiever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh an one more thing! I love your background! It kind of reminds me of "Into the Wild."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amara! I LOVE your sonnet! It's very well written and your rhyming is nicely done! Great job girl (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amara, I love your sonnet! It's very unique and I like your rhymes. Made it a lot more enjoyable! Good job! Also, I love your background! It's relaxing! What is your strategy to the final vocabulary test? mkagawarhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amara your blogs looks good and seems to have a lot of information. If you need any help for the final or anything else feel free to comment to my blog! http://eesparzarhsaplitcomp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete